Whether you’re thinking of buying a holiday home or own an existing property, holiday letting provides its own unique challenges. Outsourcing a trusted holiday let agent, such as Sykes, can help free up time and take the hassle out of holiday letting.
Maximising Rental Income with Holiday Letting
According to Sykes Holiday Cottages’ Holiday Letting Outlook Report 2023, it was found that the average owner saw an income of £24,000 in 2022, 59% up on 2019. This increased to £33,000 for a three-bedroom holiday let, and £57,500 for a five-bedroom property.
Owning a holiday let can be a great way to generate a consistent rental income, and working with a holiday letting agent can help to secure year-round bookings for your holiday home.
Here at Sykes, we use our knowledge and expertise in the holiday letting industry to cater to a range of properties, from cottages, barn conversions and glamping pods to park homes and apartments. With our ongoing and significant investment in technology, which provides security, stability, and scalability within the UK holiday letting industry, Sykes is committed to offering the best possible holiday experiences for guests and owners.
Sykes aims to take the hassle out of holiday letting!
Find out more about the benefits of holiday let management with Sykes Holiday Cottages.
Why choose Sykes?
- The fastest-growing holiday let agency in the UK and Ireland, and one of the largest holiday letting companies worldwide.
- The Sykes Holiday Cottages Family is made up of over 20 regional brands, including Bachcare in New Zealand, Best of Suffolk, Coast & Country Cottages in Devon, Cornish Cottage Holidays, Lake District Lodge Holidays, LHH Scotland, Manor Cottages in the Cotswolds, Menai Holiday Cottages in Wales, Northumbria Coast and Country, and Yorkshire Coastal Cottages.
- Results-driven with 30 years of expert knowledge in all areas of holiday letting.
- Flexible contracts – Freedom to adjust your property requirements such as pricing, holiday packages and blocked time for your own personal use.
- Industry-leading revenue management – This unique system, built in-house, enables us to optimise the price of each individual property in-line with current demand and can result in owners earning around 10% more in revenue.
Other benefits to listing your property with Sykes
Owner Portal – 24/7 access to our online owner portal to manage your property remotely, including bookings and payments.
Managed Services – with over 350 vetted holiday let cleaning and maintenance contacts across our UK network, we can match you to the right supplier.
Exclusive discounts and eligibility for discounted property maintenance services including plumbing, roofing, and gardening, plus 10% off all Sykes holidays.
Expert regional knowledge with Property Consultants and Local Managers based in locations all over the UK and Ireland.
Giving owners access to our repeat bookers – You will have access to Sykes’ loyal customer base, 47% of which book again.
Network of over 700 trusted partners, including: Booking.com, Vrbo, Expedia, TripAdvisor, Snaptrip, Hometogo and Airbnb.
£26 million budget spent on multi-media marketing channels each year, with over 50 million web visitors.
Sykes owners can also receive an exclusive 10% discount when using Archpress Priority Service Scheme, which includes all essential holiday let maintenance services including carpentry, boiler repairs, painting and decorating jobs, locksmith services, window repairs, asbestos, pest work, damp, property deep cleaning and electrical services.
As well as helping you maintain your property to a high standard, Sykes use their 30+ years of experience to maximise bookings to ensure your holiday let doesn’t sit unused. If you’d like to learn more about what a holiday let agency can offer you, download the Sykes Holiday Cottages owner pack and find out if this is an avenue you’d be interested to take.
There is also plenty of advice available on the Sykes Holiday Let Information Centre and the team are on hand to answer any questions you might have, if you’d like to speak to someone on the phone. .